Friday, January 25, 2013

Booty of Evidence

I think I've done good work so far this week. Wednesday evening's long run was fantastic - the weather was nice (upper 40s) and my 10 miler felt effortless. My knee and its cohorts gave me no trouble at all.

The surprising part was that my legs felt great the following morning. I walked/ran with Sophie before school, just over half a mile, then hopped on the trainer for an hour recovery spin. I felt peppy and relaxed.

This morning's swim was really, really good. I hit a new low 100 time, and hit it more than once! What's weird is, I still have the old problem of getting slower when I try to swim "fast." I assume this means that I'm breaking form and not using good technique when I speed up a certain amount. It takes me less time (and much less energy) to swim "steady" than it does to swim "fast." This is something that has always happened to me (and some other mediocre swimmers I've talked to). I wonder if it happens to good swimmers too? If you're a good (ie "fast") swimmer and it happens to you, please let me know!

As for biking and running, I can go a little faster in Zones 1 and 2 now. That's evidence that the  base building is working. I'm glad my engine is growing stronger. However, who knew the engine was located in the buttocks? It must be, because my ass is GROWING. What is UP with that?!?! It must be all the extra blood volume I'm creating. Seriously, I wonder if my tri shorts are going to fit when racing season starts. Is it muscle? God, I hope it's muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment